I. Composition of the Board
The Board shall consist of the following members:
Associate Teaching Professor, English
Chief WFU Police
Director, Physical Security and OneCard
Senior Associate Athletic Director
Senior Associate Director, Integrative Student Services
Malika Roman Isler
Asst. VP, Diversity & Inclusion
Associate Chaplain, Catholic Life
Campus Engagement Manager
Major, WFU Police
Dr. Steve Gunkel
Associate Teaching Professor, Sociology Faculty
II. Appointment of Terms:
All board members shall be appointed by the Chair and Vice President for Campus Life or his/her designee.
- All non student appointments shall be for 2 academic years. All Board members are eligible for three terms of reappointment. Student appointments may vary.
- Vacancies occurring otherwise than through the expiration of terms shall be filled for the remainder of the term of the member being replaced. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as original appointments.
- No Board member shall receive compensation for services performed
IV. Duties of the Board:
The duties of the Board shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- To advise and make recommendations to the Vice President for Campus Life and the Chief of Police concerning the provision of police protection and services within the university.
- To enhance police-community relations.
- To review and make recommendations concerning police department policies, procedures and programs.
- To promote and support public awareness of the university’ s police services and programs.
- To hold public meetings from time to time to solicit public input regarding police services and programs and campus safety.
- To serve as a liaison between the police department and the university community.
- The board shall make a written annual report each June to the Vice President for Campus Life regarding the Boards activities. This report shall be available to the public upon request.
V. Meeting and Procedures:
- The Board shall have a least one regular meeting per month on such day of the month at such time as may be determined by the Board. Special meetings may be held as often as the Board deems necessary.
- For purposes of conducting the Boards business, exercising its powers and for all other purposes, a quorum of the Board shall consist of a majority of members. Any action taken by a majority of consisting groups of those present, when those present constitute a quorum at any regular or special meeting of the Board, shall be deemed and taken as the action and decision of the Board.
- The Board shall elect such officers as it deems necessary in order to conduct its business. The Board shall adopt such rules of procedures as it deems necessary (ex. Chair, vice chair, secretary, etc).
- Meetings will be closed with the exception of public forums held as necessary and attendance may be restricted to the campus community.