- Every two minutes someone in the United States is sexual assaulted.
- College Women are four times more likely to be sexually assaulted.
- One in four college women report surviving rape or attempted rape.
- 65 percent of these attacks go unreported.
- Alcohol is involved in 75 percent of attacks.
- About 70% of sexual assault survivors reported that they took some form of self-protective action during the crime. The most common technique was to resist by struggling or chase and try to hold the attacker. Of those survivors who took protective action, over half believed it helped the situation, about 1/5 believed that it made the situation worse or simultaneously worse and better.
- 82% of rape survivors say the rape permanently changed them.
RAD Contact Info
- WFU Police: 336.758.5591
- Women’s and Gender Studies: 336.758.5139
- Email: email@example.com