Monthly Theme – December
“Home for the Holidays”
- During the holidays remember to take personal safety seriously.
- Always lock you homes and leave a light on when you leave.
- Always lock your car when shopping.
- Put recent purchases in the trunk.
- Try and park in open well lighted areas.
- If you are in the mall, leave with other people who are leaving at the same time.
- Create a mental checklist when you pay; did you get the receipt? Did you get your card back?Ê Did you get correct change? Did they give you your purchase?
- If shopping in the mall with family or friends, make a plan to meet with others periodically.
- Carry your cell phone.
- Have your keys ready when you get to your car.
- If you are in the drugstore or grocery store and they ask if you want cash back – say yes. This saves you from standing alone at a bank machine.
- Lock you offices when you leave. Do not leave valuable items out during the holidays.