Effective August 21, 2015, the Wake Forest University safety app will now be powered by LiveSafe. To insure a smooth transition, we are asking all current WFUPD Safer Campus App users to download this new app and delete the old app from your phone or tablet.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD: To download the Wake Forest LiveSafe App, visit the Apple App Store (for iPhones) or Google Play Store (for Androids).
- Search for and download “LiveSafe”.
- Register with your email and fill out your profile. Be sure to verify your email address.
- Choose “Wake Forest University” as your school. You’re set!
PERSONAL SECURITY DEVICE
LiveSafe is a free personal mobile application for Wake Forest University students, staff, and faculty to engage in a two-way conversation with WFU police. With LiveSafe, you can use your cell phone as a personal security device that allows direct access to police, 911 emergency services, emergency location sharing, information sharing with quick tips, and a peer-to-peer SafeWalk tool. Registration with a Wake Forest University email address is encouraged.
WHAT IT FEATURES:
- Summon Help – Trigger 911 or the WFU Police Department with the press of a button. Based on your cell phone signal and if your location services is enabled a GPS locator is activated during your call.
- SafeWalk (a peer-to-peer tool) – Invite friends and family to temporarily follow your location on a real-time map. They will see your approximate location as you walk to your destination and will know when you get there safely.
- Share information – Submit tips or reports about campus safety concerns and live chat with campus safety officials. You can attach a picture, video, or audio and even send it anonymously if you choose.
- Access Campus Resources and Emergency Information – Access campus resources, emergency information, and important phone numbers.
The WFUPD Safer Campus App will no longer be active after August 21, 2015, so please delete it from your phone and download the new LiveSafe App. For more information call (336) 758-5911.